There is a need to prepare to receive the Sacraments, some of the preparation is necessarily more extensive than others. The priest and staff St. Gabriel offer preparation for to receive the Sacraments of: Marriage, Baptism (for parents of newborns), 1st Reconciliation, 1st Eucharist, and Confirmation.
Please contact the Parish well in advance of your planned wedding date. There is an initial meeting with Msgr. Thomas Phillips, Padre Roger Fernandez, or Sr. Sonia Fernandez to start the process. The marriage preparation process is intended to help couples discern their readiness for marriage and to prepare them.
Following completion of the initial interview with the priest, the marriage preparation process will require attendance of 4 sessions of 2 hours each which include:
1. Completion of a premarital inventory followed by feedback sessions.
2. Completion of the necessary diocesan pre-nuptial forms, including those for permissions and dispensations, if required.
3. Instruction in the Catholic Faith.
4. Liturgical preparation for the wedding.
5. Participation by the couple in an approved engaged couples retreat is also required. The schedule of retreats within the archdiocese is available at the parish office.
Click here to view our Wedding Guide
People who are first time parents are expected to meet with Sr. Sonia for instruction on the Sacrament of Baptism. Please call the Parish office to schedule this meeting.
Click here for more information on Baptism
First Reconciliation and First Communion
Preparing for 1st Reconciliation and 1st Communion is an exciting time in life! Most preparing are in 2nd grade, but any baptized child, 2nd grade and older can participate.
Parent Involvement in preparation is vital! Your child learns the most from you because you are the primary educator of the faith! Most of the teaching for these Sacraments takes place in the home.
Preparation for these Sacraments consists of:
- Mass Attendance
- Enroll and attend Religious Education classes
- Church Sessions
- Family Sessions
Preparation for Reconciliation takes place in Winter, with the celebration of 1st Reconciliation on the first Saturday of April.
Preparation for 1st Communion takes place in the Winter/Spring, with the celebration of 1st Communion on the first Sunday of May.
For more information please contact Sr. Sonia
Click here for more information about First Reconciliation and First Communion
Confirmation is a foundational step in our lives. Prayerful consideration and necessary commitment is required to be Confirmed. The Sacrament of Confirmation completes the Sacraments of Initiation, and gains the recipient full membership in the Catholic Church. Confirmation takes place in the Spring, and these are the expectations for candidates for Confirmation:
- Mass Attendance
- Attend Religious Education every year, up to and including 11th Grade
- Attend an Overnight Confirmation Retreat
- Participate in Service Events
- Hand in a completed Confirmation application on time
For more information please contact Sr. Sonia.
Click here for more information on Confirmation.