Becoming Catholic (RCIA)
Becoming Catholic (RCIA)
An invitation to pray for RCIA
At the beginning of November we celebrate All Saints Day. The saints are witnesses of the joy and peace that living the Catholic life can bring. During November, let us ask their intercession for those who are participating in the RCIA journey of faith.
Please contact Sr. Sonia.
Who is RCIA for?
- Persons who are not baptized
- Persons baptized in other Christian traditions who desire to become Catholic
- Persons baptized Catholic who have not received the sacraments of Eucharist and/or Confirmation
What are the Stages and Rites of the RCIA Process?
- Period of Inquiry—inquirers begin to learn what the Catholic Church believes, teaches and proclaims to be revealed by God.
- Rite of Acceptance and Welcome
- Period of the Catechumenate—the catechumens and candidates reflect more deeply on the Gospel of Jesus Christ, His Church and the Catholic moral life.
- Rite of Election and Call to Continuing Conversion
- Period of Purification and Enlightenment—the catechumens and candidates grow in prayer and examination of their lives as they prepare to celebrate the Sacraments of Initiation.
- Rites of Scrutinies and Penitential Rite
- Rites of Initiation—sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist
- Period of Mystagogy—the newly initiated persons deepen their journey of faith as active disciples of the Lord in the Church.
Quotes from those who have gone through the RCIA process . . .
"Be open and curious—God will do the rest."
Join the Spiritual Journey of Faith!
"Spiritual Journey of Faith" is the annual RCIA religious educational offering provided by the Cathedral's RCIA team of facilitators (lay people and clergy) for anyone who is interested in knowing the Catholic faith.
The spiritual journey to receive the Sacraments of Initiation to the Catholic Church are on Thursdays at 7pm
Is this you? We especially invite:
- our non-Catholic Christian brothers and sisters
- the non-Catholic spouses who are married to our registered parishioners
- those who are baptized in the Catholic Church but have not reprieved all the Sacraments of Initiation (Confirmation, Eucharist, Penance)
- those who are interested to know more about the Catholic faith.
Have questions about the Catholic faith? Talk to us!
We encourage you to contact us at any time so that we can meet you, answer your questions, and provide you with some resources.